Puntagorda: There is no place like home

Story by Daniel Sánchez Rodríguez

In these days of lockdown, Puntagorda, a village in the north of La Palma where I was born, is the place I have missed the most. While I am lucky to consider Tenerife as home, there is a part of me willing to spend some days there, my very first home. There are few sensations as fulfilling as returning there in winter, enjoying a walk through the forest, under the rain, picking up some wild mushrooms with my brother. As I imagine myself sitting by the fireplace, reading a book, I understand why the Portuguese call this sensation 'Saudade'.


Comentarios

  1. Stunning piece of writing! we can actually feel the place through your words....love it...I did not know you were from La Palma as me! My grandparents were from Tijaraje, closeby...thank you for sharing Daniel!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Welcome to my charming place

Los Lagos de Covadonga